Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Do you get a hair cut? ....?

I know we get our hairs cut, but do you refer to it as getting your hair cut or hairs cut? I've recently noticed this one person that says "hairs cut", but ... oh well...how do you say it?



Do you get a hair cut? ....?

Getting your hair cut!!....Well that is how I say it.



Do you get a hair cut? ....?

HAIR CUT! Pay no attention to that lame joke about the single hair.



Do you get a hair cut? ....?

It is you get your hair cut, not hairs cut! Would you say to someone that they had a beautiful head of hairs? Hair is the singular (as in there is a hair in my soup) and hair is the plural (as in I am certainly getting alot of gray hair these days), actually....hold on... I stand corrected....if you want to be perfectly correct...hair is also the set of hairs on a humans head so hairs can be plural. But not usually used that way. If you are looking for what you should use going forward, I would say hair cut....I wouldn't criticize or comment on the other person's usage of hairs cut.



However, be prepared, there is a huge group of people, who like to respond to "oh you got your hair cut" with no, I got all of them cut! Perhaps it was amusing the first time someone in the entire world came up with it, but I have heard it too many times.



Hope this helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Why my cat is bleeding inside her ears