Sunday, June 20, 2010

My hair..... sigh?

ok, so i have just above shoulder length, thick, dirty blonde almost brown hair, its all one length, and its usually curly especially when i let it air dry, and frizzy. i have a round face and i really want to know what i should do with it. im not going to color it, im not going to get it chemically straightened or permed.... i need something i can do with my hair that leaves it long enough so i can tie it back, but it still looks good. id prefer to have a style where i can let it down, but now, i usually wear it back because its just a frizzy mess. i have a straightening iron, but it takes me over an hour to straighten my hair so i dont do it very often... how would wou recomend me cutting it? i dont want anything crazy either... just... a hair cut, maybe layers... ubt im not sure... (im a loss when it come to hair :D)



My hair..... sigh?

well if you want it to still fit in a ponytail you could only put some layers around your face and a little on the sides.



putting curling cream in ur hair. a "frizz eze" will help it stay cute and curly rather than frizzy



My hair..... sigh?

I would suggest getting some kind of layers since you have very thick hair.



My hair is just like your's, only it was longer (to about the middle of my back). I got it cut to my shoulder blades, layered it, and it doesn't take me two hours to straighten it anymore! lol Plus it looks awesome.



My hair..... sigh?

Most importantly, find a great hair stylist! You need to have some of the bulk taken out and get it shaped. Some layers would help, but make sure they are not too short or they will just stick out. Also, use a product for taming frizzy hair and curls. They really work.



My hair..... sigh?

Get a CHI straightner much faster. Im with you my hair is unmangable. But my hair takes almost 2 hours to straighten.



SO yea and i have my hair straight everyday.



I suggest you do get it straightened at the salon.



My hair..... sigh?

As above :)



Get plenty of layers cut into it to add texture rather than just flat bulk. Different lengths around the face with soften it and make your cut more interesting as well as giving the illusion of a thinner face. When you tie it back these bits will stay out, so you dont get that bare round faced look. I have the same problem haha. Fringes break up the shape a little bit. Play with different shapes. For a soft look perhaps get it cut on an assymetrical angle so you can sweep the fringe to the side or if you are feeling brave really make it thick and bold by pulling more hair forwards into it and give it a sharp edge. I love the look of perfectly straightened fringes with curls down the sides. Then rather than attacking your whole head with a straightner you only have a little section to do. Hairstyle is a really personal thing but hopefully ive given you a few funky ideas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Why my cat is bleeding inside her ears