Thursday, November 26, 2009

When to cut a little girl's hair for the first time?

My daughter is 29 months old and has never had a hair cut. Her hair is pretty thin and curls up just a little on the ends. It looks pretty stringy and getting her to let me brush it is a major ordeal everyday.I know women with toddlers and even pre-schoolers who have never had haircuts and they have long thick beautiful hair.(their parents claim it is due to the lack of cutting) Will my child's hair get thicker if have it cut?



When to cut a little girl's hair for the first time?

There's nothing you can do to make her hair thicker. Hair grows from the roots, not the ends, so cutting it will have no effect. However, if the ends are split and stringy, cutting it evenly will make the bottom seem thicker and healthier. Some little girls are just blessed with thick and fast-growing hair--lucky! You'll have to be patient, I guess.



When to cut a little girl's hair for the first time?

I am one of those parents with a daughter who has never had a hair cut she is 16m and its golden brown curly on the ends. I dont know if cutting it makes it grow in thicker but it does make it grow faster for some weird reason.



When to cut a little girl's hair for the first time?

My daughter's 27 months old and also has never had a hair cut. I'm not planning one any time in the near future though.



If you feel it would make it easier for you to brush it though and would make it look better, you should go for it.



When to cut a little girl's hair for the first time?

it may not necessarily get thicker, but will look like it. my daughter's hair was the same way (i was sad to cut it), but i just couldn't deal with it. yes, it looks thicker, but if it starts getting long again, it looks really thin at the ends. if you think she'll sit through one do it!! it's hair--it grows back (just don't do it yourself unless you know what you're doing--my mom did it to me). there's lots of places now that specialize with little kid haircuts.



When to cut a little girl's hair for the first time?

My daughter had thin hair. When I had her bangs cut they thickened up. So I had the rest of her hair cut. Her hair is so thick you wouldn't believe it. I always heard that it thickened it up...but I didn't believe it till I seen hers. As soon as it looks stringy...cut it.



When to cut a little girl's hair for the first time?

The amount of cutting has nothing to do with the texture and thickness of the hair. Maybe just trim the hair away from her face and leave the rest long, that way the thin little strands don't get in her little eyes.Her hair will get thicker in time as she ages. I have yet to see a toddler that likes her hair brushed, make a game out of it. Play beauty parlor! You brush my hair and I'll brush your hair, worked for me and my daughter...Good luck, what I wouldn't do to have my eleven year old that age again.



When to cut a little girl's hair for the first time?

A childs first hair cut should happen at 1 year of age.The reason why lil ones has those curls at the end of their hair is not because they have curly hair,its a sign that the hair needs cutting.And for some reason the hair does look fuller and healthier after a hair cut.



When to cut a little girl's hair for the first time?

my mother trimmed about an inch off of my 3 yr old daughters hair back in AUG cause it was so long(almost to her butt) with split ends and my daughter hates her hair being brushed too.but since aug her hair really hasnt grown any its about the same length that it was back in aug.so i dont really know about a kids hair becoming thicker and fuller cause my daughters looks the same before it got trimmed but just with out the dead ends.unless you have your daughters hair cut like to her shoulders and it should bring out some body in her hair being short.plus if you blow dry her hair after its wash it will look thicker.



my mother in law is a cosmatalogist she says to get adult shampoo for thin and fine hair and wash your daughters hair with it and then use some adult condishner for thin and fine hair too.it will be eaiser to comb thru tangles so your daughter wont fuss that much.my mother in law gets on to me for bushing my daughters hair with a hair brush cause that makes split ends so use a wide tooth comb to brush her hair while its wet and then use a full body hair brush to blow dry it with.(since my daughter hates me brushing her hair do what i do when i blow dry hers i give her a small hair brush to help me blow dry her hair and she doesnt whine and complaine as much cause she thinks shes in control with her hair)



btw sorry bout the sorry spellings.i cant spell that greatly and it takes for ever to check spelling with all of my miss spellings....lol



When to cut a little girl's hair for the first time?

My daughter is 3 years old and just got her first haircut last week. She has curls at the end of her hair and it's been there since birth. Her hair is really thick though. I trimmed up the split ends because it makes the hair easier to comb. So if you like her hair you might want to take her to a stylist that you trust and is good with children, if you don't know one ask other parents who is good, and have her ends trimmed up. You can also ask them what is best to help her thin, stringy hair. I've found that using an adult shampoo and conditioner helps with combing, too. I like using Sleek Look by Matrix, it's good for calming frizzies in curly hair and making it easier to comb, they also make cheaper versions that are great, too. Just be careful not to get any into her eyes. I guess part of my reasoning for not cutting my daughter's hair is the fact that no one on my side of the family has curly hair so we all want to hang on to it. Good Luck!!!



When to cut a little girl's hair for the first time?

Well, it does get thicker when it is cut, but like some children, they have the genes of thick hair. For those of us who don't, cutting our hair can get that way. It's kind of like shaving, over a period of time it gets thicker. However at an age like this, it depends on if you want to shave the child's head, but hey, no matter what, you will always know how beautiful your child truly is.



When to cut a little girl's hair for the first time?

If your child has thin hair, she has thin hair. We've got one with thin and fairly straight hair, I thought she'd never look like a girl!!! Older two have thick, wavy, unruly hair. My youngest has medium/average hair with more wave than curl, and I cut the ends about every three months. I KNOW they say cutting it doesn't make it grow, but it does hers anyway, swear it's true. She's 34 months and it's down to her waist. One thing is certain, if stringiness and hard tangles are part of the hair description, a good trim (past the dead ends) will result in a bouncier, shinier head of hair, which can make it seem thicker. Also, try some of the Kids shampoo, we have Suave Blueberry right now, still tear-free, but more conditioning, and we love the octopus detangler! Once a month, all four of us girls coat our dry hair with a deep conditioner for 30 minutes, and rinse in cool water. It's a nice bonding ritual, and I think it helps them take pride in their appearance, while giving their hair to a healthy treat.



When to cut a little girl's hair for the first time?

dont cut, shave her head once a month for atleast 3 to 4 months and massage her head with sweet Almond Oil 3 or 4 time in week, this is the regular treatment for the one year chid here in Pakistan and it works well in order to get Healthy and thick hair. hope and pray it works for your daughter



When to cut a little girl's hair for the first time?

I would have it trimmed. My daughter had hair to her waist when she was 3 years old and I did have it trimmed. My granddaughter has very curly hair and she lives with me, I've had her hair trimmed twice and it has helped keep is less messy, the beautician layered it some and it helps so much. It's getting thicker so I believe it doesn't matter but looks better trimmed by two years old some.



When to cut a little girl's hair for the first time?

When I was a kid, my hair was really thin and stringy, similar to your description. My mom didn't cut my hair, but eventually (around 4-5 years old) my hair started coming in thick on it's own. It got so thick and long that she had to cut it off short because its weight gave me constant headaches.



I would probably just trim your daughter's hair to make it more manageable and see what time does for the thickness...I don't believe that cutting it will make it thicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Why my cat is bleeding inside her ears